Montage Mosaic Service Documentation:
Monitoring Background Jobs
After you submit a request for a mosaic, you are taken to a page which displays your Request ID, and links to see the status of the current job or a list of all your submitted jobs.
To monitor the progress of the job you've just submitted, click on "Status". You will be taken to a status page (automatically updated every 15 seconds), which shows the most recent message from the compute cluster. When the job is complete, a "Result page" link will appear under the "Result page" column.
Basic Status Requests
You can see a listing of all your jobs, or search for particular requests, by clicking on "Job Status" link available from the submission and status pages.
By leaving all the parameters blank and hitting "Show job list," you can see all your jobs.
Advanced Job Status Filters
Besides monitoring your just-submitted jobs, the Montage Mosaic service allows the users to view current, recent, or old jobs by any of the following parameters:
- Job Status:
- Queued: Jobs that are awaiting submission to the cluster
- Processing: Jobs that are currently running on the cluster
- Completed: Show jobs that have fully completed their processing, for which data is available
- Failed: Any jobs which encountered a fatal error
- Request ID: The user may enter lists or ranges of the request IDs they are interested in (the request ID of the most recent job is shown in the button next to "Check status of request" at top).
- Maximum Age: Enter the maximum age of the jobs you are interested in (hours).
If you want to see a statistical summary of your jobs, instead of a detailed listing, check the box labeled "Statistical summary."
Click "Show Job List" to be taken to the results of the job filtering.